Friday, November 17, 2006

A Letter from the National Chairman - Mr. Alfred Salami

Dear Colleagues,



For a long time now I have kept a low profile to let the sleeping dog lie in order to allow the "experts" to carry on running the organisation in their own ways. However, I have continued to follow developments very closely. Whilst it is not my intention to wake up the sleeping dog now, I could not but air my view on what I think is double standard on the current development regarding the article by the National President "Your Move Mr. President. Why we went to war in Iraq".



Whilst I do not quarrel with his commentary but only a year ago I was trying to do the right thing by extending invitations to our brothers and sisters from Ebira community to invite them to a meeting to discuss the political crisis in Ebira land and on that occasion there was a concerted efforts by some group of people in the organisation who did their very best to castigate and crucified me because it was seen by them as talking to politicians which I was told was against our constitution.



If we take that scenario and compare it to the President's article which has been put across under the auspices of EVI,

I just wonder whether our constitution has changed since then OR is it the case that what is good for the goose is not good for the gander OR could it be that the whole efforts by the group then was pure hypocrisy or pure hatred. How can we run an organisation with rules to suit when it is convenient for some?. If the rules apply then I just wonder why not now.



I have always believed that if EVI is ever going to make any impact on the problems of our community we must talk to all concerned be they politicians or anyone else as long as we do not get engaged in party politics. I leave you to decide for yourself what you think.

Thanks

Alfred Salami

National Chairman.

No comments: