Sunday, June 03, 2012

Wisdom Speaks



by Joseph Ozigis Akomodi on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 2:31am ·
The book of Proverbs Chapter 1 Verse 20-33 says wisdom is like a woman shouting in the street; she raises her voice in the city squares. She cries out in the noisy street and shouts at the city gates: You fools, how long would you be foolish? How long would you make fun of wisdom and hate knowledge? If only you had listened when I corrected you, I would have told you what is in my heart; I would have told you what I am thinking. I called, but you refused to listened; I held out my hand, but you paid no attention. You did not follow my advise and did not listen when I corrected you. I will laugh when you are in trouble. I will make fun when disaster strikes you, when disaster comes over you like a storm, when troubles strikes you like a whirlwind, when pain and trouble overwhelm you.

Then you will call to me, but I will not answer. You will look for me, but you will not fine me. It is because you rejected knowledge and did not choose to respect the Lord. You did not accept my advice, and you rejected my correction. So you will get what you deserve; you will get what you planned for others. Fools will die because they refuse to listen; they would be destroyed because they do not care. But those who listened to me will live in safety and the peace at peace, without fear of injury. May God Almighty bless his holy words. May we have it in our hearts to listen to the voice of God's calling us. May we live by his words forever and ever. Amen!

No comments: